Saturday, November 20, 2010

Avie Robins


Avie Robins was born on the 17th at 7:49pm. She weighed 7.3 and 18 1/2 inches long. She had a pretty tramatic birth but we are so glad she made it here safe and sound. It all started that morning when I decided to get up and clean the upstairs so after Dusty left for work I went upstairs to put laundry away and then next thing I new my water broke. I was so excited. I ran to the bathroom and called Dusty. He had just gotten to work so he hurried and left to come back home. I called my Mom and told her I needed her to come and get my girls. Dusty showed up and we packed up our stuff and took off to the hospital. Once we got there they took me into the room and had me get in a gown and said they would come check and make sure my water broke. Well when the nurse came to check me the paper that they use to see if your water broke is supposed to turn a dark blue and mine was turning yellow. She said it looked like my water did not break but I knew it had so she said she would check me to see if I was dialated and that it might help move the baby out of the way. Well it did and the paper turned blue. We got me all hooked up to the machines and they started me on pitocin. I dialated to a 5 pretty fast then I was ready for my epidural. They gave me the epidural and 5 hours later I was only at a 6! It was taking forever. Avie was not liking the contractions and her heart rate kept dropping lower then they like to see it so they kept watching us very closely. As time went by they were getting concerned because her heart rate was not getting better so they were thinking that the cord was most likely around her neck. This got me all worried I couldn't keep my eyes off the monitors. They kept reassuring me that if things got bad they would do a c-section. I did not want a c-section at all so I started praying. Well about 20 min later I started feeling a lot of pressure down stairs and told the nurse I am feeling a lot of pressure and she said ok lets check you. I was just checked like 30 min prior and so I thought maybe I dialated just a little more no I was at a 10 and ready to go her head was right there we just needed to wait for the doctor. We called my mom and told her she better hurry. When the doctor walked in it was 7:43 and we called my Mom to tell her Avie was here at 7:48. I pushed through 1 contraction and she was out. The cord was around her neck pretty tight the doctor had to cut it off as soon as her head came out but she started crying right off so that took away all my fears. I got to hold her for a little bit then they were concerned about her breathing so they took her. As you can see in the pictures she had to have a c-pap and an IV. After about 2 hours she was cleared and I got to have her back in my arms. I am so grateful to have a happy healthy baby. She has been amazing! She hardly cries and sleeps a lot. The girls love her and are so proud of her it has been so cute to see then interact with her.




4 comments:

FitNotQuitJess said...

Congratulations, glad she's here and everyone is ok!

Elisa said...

Congratulations! That's such good news! We miss you guys :)

The Lang Family said...

She's so sweet! Congratulations! So glad she's okay!

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

WOW! What a story! I'm glad she made it here safely and without a c-section.